|Job title||Andrew Low House Docent|
|Company Name||The Andrew Low House|
|Date Posted||Thursday, August 30, 2018|
The Andrew Low House is looking for enthusiastic people who have a love of history to serve as guides and educators in their museum.
As an Andrew Low House Docent you are responsible for giving 25 minute guided tours of the Andrew Low House. Docents conduct educational and thought-provoking guided tours, answering questions about the architecture, furnishings, social history and the art. The museum is open seven days a week.
Candidates for the Docent position must successfully complete docent training to become skilled in preferred tour techniques, all aspects of the history of the Andrew Low House, including 19th- century Savannah history, architecture, and decorative arts.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Understand and learn the history and tour techniques of the Andrew Low House.
• Abide by daily tour schedule and remain true to the facts of the history of the Andrew Low House.
• Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to climb stairs.
• Deliver excellent customer service.
• Report any damages or safety issues to the Docent Coordinator
• Act as a representative of Andrew Low House to promote the museum.
• Work as a team with other Docents, Retail Shop Associates and Management to provide a warm, welcoming and professional experience for visitors.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
• An interest in American History, fine and decorative arts, architectural history and/or public history.
• Excellent oral communication skills.
• Experience in public speaking, lecturing, training, guided tours, or other related experience working with the public.
• Friendly, helpful and courteous; must be enthusiastic about the Andrew Low House and its history.
• Ability to work with large groups independently and professionally.
• Promptness, reliability and dependability are a MUST.
• Desire to educate visitors about the historical significance of the Andrew Low House.
• Ability to work with diverse audiences.
• Ability to stand for a long period of time and climb stairs.