|Job title||Bookkeeper & Finance Assistant|
|Company Name||Gauge Interactive|
|Date Posted||Monday, July 17, 2017|
|Category||Finance, Accounting, And Economics|
As Gauge’s Bookkeeper & Financial Assistant, “balance” describes far more than what you do—it describes who you are. We need someone with a head for numbers and a heart for people.
You’re the perfect candidate for this position if you…
● Like to mix it up with recurring tasks and ad-hoc projects
● Keep close watch on the “now” with an eye toward the future
● Are fluent in spreadsheets, data, and formulas, and feel at home providing warm, personal customer service
● Respect time-honored best practices and are eager to apply them to new approaches
● Understand the crucial difference between urgent and important (and you prioritize accordingly)
● Are a hawk-eyed problem-spotter and a “Get $#!% Done” solution-creator
● Know the difference between being a steward and being a control freak
● Have a passion for structure, consistency, and accuracy and enough go-with-the-flow to thrive in tech
● Hate communication silos & information hoarding, but show the utmost discretion about sensitive info
In the day-to-day, you’ll own general accounting tasks like bookkeeping, A/R, A/P, and reporting. Ad-hoc projects could include things like updating finance documentation or creating new reports. You’ll work hand-in-hand with our People Department Lead and company leadership.
Adaptability is vital to our success, so we’re never hesitant to try new things. That’s why we’ve moved from an hourly billing model to value pricing. We love it, our clients love it, and you’ll love it too because for you, value pricing means no time sheets or uncomfortable invoice haggling!
It also means our flat-rate sales estimates must be exceptionally accurate. We’ll need your eagle eye and numbers mind when creating proposals. This position affects all others—sales, production, admin, and creative—so you’ll be an information hub, keeping work aligned with payment, monitoring KPIs, and continually refining our pricing methods.
We need someone who can work 5 days a week, but we’re flexible about how your time is split between those days. If you kick butt in this position, you can expect the role to become full-time within 6 months.
To see the full position description and apply, please visit https://gauge-interactive.