|Job title||Bookkeeping Assistant|
|Company Name||Mickve Israel|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, March 12, 2019|
|Category||Finance, Accounting, And Economics|
Congregation Mickve Israel is a thriving Reform Jewish Congregation located in the heart of Savannah’s Historic District. As the third oldest Jewish congregation in the United States, we have been part of the Savannah community since 1733. We welcome congregants and visitors to worship with us on the Sabbath as well as Jewish Holidays. Our storied history also attracts visitors from all over the world to tour our beautiful Neo-Gothic sanctuary and award-winning museum.
• Part-time position of 25 Hours per week.
• Record Monetary Transactions & Create Financial Reports
• Accounts receivable
• Accounts payable
• Reporting and cash-flow analysis
• Administrative tasks (filing, copying, scanning, scheduling, correspondence)
• Handle Bank Reconciliations
• Assist in Gift Shop processing customer transactions, inventory management, occasionally opening and/or closing daily register and credit card transactions
• Proficient in QuickBooks, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook. Able and willing to learn new accounting and database software as needed.
• Bookkeeping knowledge – Strong grasp of bookkeeping principles, capable of generating a company’s books both manually and through computerized methods.
• Efficiently and quickly input transaction information into spreadsheets or accounting software, assisting with tracking inventory of Gift Shop.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must exhibit well-rounded communication skills including creating reports from complex data, expressing findings to others, and interacting with congregants, staff, tourists and customers.
• Pro-active and efficient with the ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines –Excellent multitasker who remains organized even when receiving data and direction from various sources.
• Customer service skills– Friendly with good people skills. Ability to kindly and efficiently handle congregant requests as well as work well with the general public.
• Education: Candidates with an Associate or Four-year degree or equivalent experience are preferred.
Please email a cover letter, resume in PDF form to Jennifer Rich, Executive Director at email@example.com