|Job title||Career Advisor|
|Company Name||Palmetto School of Career Development|
|Date Posted||Wednesday, June 6, 2018|
Palmetto School of Career Development: Career Advisor Job Description
Career Advisers are primarily responsible for student enrollments in their assigned school as well as the day-to-day operations of that school. Our current Career Advisers each have found their own unique way of doing things, but they all have one thing in common: they’re HUNRGY FOR SUCCESS! We’re looking for self-motivated people who are driven by achieving results. This is not a commissioned-based job but performance incentives are provided based on the number of students enrolled. If you have the drive, the sky is the limit for compensation.
You will work under the (minimal) supervision of the Director of Operations, Director of Marketing, and the Admin office. You are be responsible for some day-to-day administrative duties in the local office including meeting with and enrolling prospective students for each class. Please note, we are constantly working to reduce the administrative burden on each location because we want your primary focus to be the recruitment of students. This is a not an office administration role.
• Keep track of all calls to prospective students.
• Send out packets via email or mail to potential students.
• Keep track of prospects in the daily call log via CRM software.
• Keep up to date correspondence log with students or leads via CRM software.
• Accept student payments and keep accurate receipts and deposits.
• Must maintain a clean, professional appearance at all times.
• Investigate and initiate marketing opportunities at job fairs, functions, school events, etc.
• Keep reports on all marketing events – cost of event, people there, number signed up, etc.
• Interact with clients, vendors, and visitors.
• Prepare materials and classroom for the instructor prior to the beginning of class
• Order course/student materials from the Admin office according to the operations calendar
• Plan and host open house, graduations, orientation, and other promotional events
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Good interpersonal and customer service skills—being courteous, professional, and helpful are critical for this job. Being an active listener is a key quality. In addition, the ability to relay information accurately to others is important.
• Provide analytical insights and use problem-solving skills to complete objectives and overcome obstacles.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy.
• Highly organized and flexible.
• Ability to multitask and meet changing deadlines.
• Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision.
• Maintains staff confidentiality.
• Outgoing personality that can easily strike up and maintain conversation with both potential students and potential contacts within the community.
• Ability to learn new computer programs/tools as they are incorporated into our business processes.
• Provide a positive, supportive, and professional atmosphere for students and teachers.
• Fill classes for each course.
• Keep student payments up to date and current.
• Amazing customer service.
• Maintain excellent reputation in the community.
• Market PSCD via multiple events/opportunities.
• Adhere to the policies and conduct outlined in the employee manual, operations manual, and marketing manual.
• Individual must sit for long periods of time at a desk or in a car
• Individual must be able to stand for hours at a time while attending events or performing speaking engagements
• Individual must physical travel in a car to different locations
• Individual must be able to lift up to 25 lbs to transport supplies, course materials, marketing materials, etc. to different locations