|Job title||Director of Day Services|
|Date Posted||Thursday, March 15, 2018|
|Category||Administrative And Project Assistance|
Exempt: Yes Non-Exempt:
Title: Director of Day Services Reports To: Executive Director
Department: Day Services/ Case Management Effective Date: July 2017
Under direction of the Executive Director, responsible for all primary functions of day services, which include, case management, day habilitation, health, and quality assurance services. Position provides supervision of staff, providing support to individuals served and families, and acts as liaison between multiple state agencies concerning people served with developmental disabilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
1. Organizes proactive case management services to promote valued roles of each person served being responsive to their unique, multiple, and changing needs.
2. Ensures case management services provide support to individuals served and their families through linkages to support coordination agencies and other community resources.
3. Provides oversight of all day services.
4. Determines quality and effectiveness of day services and if necessary develops and implements new processes and procedures.
5. Develops a clear understanding of Medicaid waiver programs and how they apply and effect individuals served as well as the agency.
6. Coordinates and supervises intake process for individuals seeking services, ensuring positions remain filled at least at a 95% level.
7. Builds and maintains positive working relationships with co-workers as well as other community agencies using principles of good customer service.
8. Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff consisting of case managers and organizational nurse.
9. Completes special projects, serves on teams, and completes all other duties as may be assigned.
10. Develops and maintains internal audit of individual records meeting all contractual requirements by the funding sources for client record keeping.
11. Must be able to maintain CPR and First Aid training.
12. Ensures health and safety precautions are observed.
13. Responsible for Therap (client information system) operations throughout organization.
14. Responsible for integration of Medicaid waiver (Federal) and Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Disabilities (state) policies and procedures.
1. Demonstrated experience in the field of human services for at least five years, including at least two years of supervisory experience.
2. Principles and practices of social work as applied to developmental disabilities populations.
3. Organizing and coordinating multiple activities, strong verbal and written communication skills, effective negotiations, staff supervision.
4. Skill in the operation of computers and job-related software programs.
5. Oral and written communication skills.
6. Skill in interpersonal relations and working with the public and other government, private, and community agencies.
7. Decision making and problem solving skills.
8. Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize workloads of team members.
1. Bachelor degree in Social Work, Human Services or closely related field.
2. Minimum of 3-5 years of full-time paid work experience in similar professional environment.
1. Master degree in Social Work, Human Services or closely related field.
2. Experience with THERAP database system.
1. Working Conditions: Primarily professional office environment
2. Equipment Operation: Microsoft Office computer applications, primarily Word and Excel.
3. Physical Requirements: Occasional bending and light lifting of equipment and/or supplies; frequent, extended use of computer.
4. Supervision of Other Positions: Case Management Staff and Organizational Nurse.
Salary is commensurate with education, qualifications, and work experience. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Position considered open until filled. Background investigation and finger printing will be required. This job description is a temporary guide, subject to change at the discretion of management. The incumbent may be required to perform any other related duties as required by the supervisor. If you are employed after hours with a job other than EmployAbility, please contact Human Resources to complete the required form.