|Company Name||Hilton Head Monthly|
|Date Posted||Thursday, April 6, 2017|
Hilton Head Monthly, the leading resource for getting the most out of life in the Lowcountry since 1985, has an immediate opening for an editor. An informational and fun monthly publication based on Hilton Head Island, SC, Monthly brings together first-rate design, editorial and photography to highlight the distinctive and evolving heritage of the communities we serve. News, opinion, business, health, fashion, bridal, home, real estate, dining, arts & entertainment — if it’s happening on Hilton Head Island or in Bluffton, it’s featured in Monthly platform.
We’re looking for a team player who has excellent computer and pagination skills, experience managing freelancers and dedicated employees, a strong work ethic and a desire to package and publish a quality product. Candidates must also be tech savvy, able to post stories to our website and maintain pages on social media.
The Editor will edit copy, build stories, and play a leading role in developing associated social content. Good publishing judgment as well as strong copy editing and writing skills are especially important. Long-term planning also a plus.
– Develop innovative Monthly content and means of storytelling that distinguishes our coverage
and is useable across all platforms, including digital, print and social;
– Writes, edits, and rewrites assignments that require research, originality, local voice,
news, storytelling, and trending topics;
– Recruit and manage needed freelancers to produce on-time and creative content.
– Several years of editorial, reporting, blogging, social, multimedia and/or copy editing
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment;
– Strong appreciation of popular culture and understanding of the tastes of Lowcountry
– Ability to follow and shape stories at various stages of development;
– Knowledge of photography, layout and publication/print technology, web-based and social media
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
PAY & BENEFITS:
Competitive compensation, 50% health insurance benefits, paid vacations, coffee and snacks, occasional lunches, and more.
Email a cover letter and resume to Emily@irmadoesmarketing.com.