|Job title||Executive Director for Public Relations and Marketing|
|Company Name||Ogeechee Technical College|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, May 14, 2019|
|Category||Marketing and Communication|
TO APPLY: www.ogeecheetech.edu/jobs
• Develops strategic communications and marketing plans for the technical college and/or its Foundation and coordinates implementation of the plans with president and/or senior management
• Responsible for media relations, including developing news releases, facilitating information requests, and conducting on-camera interviews.
• Oversees the conceptualization, design, and creation of print and electronic marketing and public relations materials
• Researches, writes, and prepares content for social media pages, presentations, speeches, websites, newsletters, video scripts, and correspondence.
• Responsible for the review of content and designs for errors before printing or publishing final work.
• Manages and maintains branding and style standards including font, image, content, and logo usage.
• Coordinates special projects and special events.
• Prepares the technical college’s annual report on accomplishments for the year
• Conducts student surveys to determine best advertising methods to meet the target audience
• Keeps a pulse on new communications tools/tactics and seeks new opportunities to reach target audiences.
• Manages and oversees financial/budget operation of the department
• Evaluates employees at scheduled intervals upon reviewing of all relevant information
• Conducts regular evaluation of services provided and make adjustments as needed
• Maintains up-to-date policies, procedures, and state or federal laws that may impact department initiatives
• Monitors the activities of personnel to ensure compliance with TCSG policy manual and department procedures
• Develops and/or assists with the development of policies and procedures and recommends changes to effectively meet the goals and requirements of the program
• Performs other duties of a similar nature or level
• Performs additional duties as assigned and works extended hours, including weekends and evenings, as needed to support the Public Relations and Marketing Department’s programs and services.
• Understanding of various communications methods and how to develop effective messaging
• Public Relations experience in the development of strategic communications plans.
• Public Relations experience with on-camera interviewing and dealing with the public
• Marketing experience including the development of marketing plans
• Marketing experience including the development of content for digital media, social media, and measuring digital media tools for their effectiveness.
• Working knowledge of systems, techniques, processes, and terminology used in social media, web design, printing, and other applicable media
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in a variety of formats to varied audiences
• A creative communicator with impeccable interpersonal and customer service skills
• Strong project management and organizational skills
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and manage projects independently with minimal supervision
• Flexible, open-minded, willing to adapt to changing/competing priorities, able to manage multiple demands, and skilled in time management
• Knowledge of local demographics
• Knowledge of budgetary management principles
• Skill in the delegation of responsibility and authority
• Skill in the operation of job-related software programs
• Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, business, or other closely related field.
• Three (3) years of experience in marketing and/or public relations
• Experience with internal and leadership communications and stakeholder/audience engagement