|Job title||Executive Director|
|Company Name||Savannah Tree Foundation|
|Date Posted||Thursday, August 31, 2017|
Savannah Tree Foundation (STF) is seeking qualified candidates for the Executive Director position. Savannah Tree Foundation is a leading non-profit organization dedicated to protecting, preserving, and planting trees across Chatham County, GA through education, advocacy, and action. STF’s volunteers have been planting and caring for trees in Savannah and across Chatham County, GA since 1982. The Savannah Tree Foundation works with local government, community partners, Chatham County citizens, and youth to grow the treecanopy for a healthier, safer, economically-strong, and environmentally-sound community.
Governed by a Board of Directors, the work of the Savannah Tree Foundation is currently carried out by the executive director, two part-time staff, contracted professionals to help with specific projects, and a dedicated team of volunteers. STF is funded by supporters’ donations and grant funds. For more information, visit SavannahTree.com.
The executive director, under direction from the STF Board of Directors, has overall responsibility to manage the programs and day-to-day operations of the Savannah Tree Foundation, including supervision of staff, interns, and community volunteers. This position requires an excitement for continuously learning and teaching about trees and the role they play in society. The STF executive director must be an energetic, experienced, and ardent leader who will continue to increase community support and organizational capacity for Savannah TreeFoundation’s tree planting and stewardship, advocacy outreach, and education programs and ensure the organization’s long-term viability and effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in:
• Developing effective working relationships with government officials.
• Relationship building with community non-profits and partner organizations.
• Independent leadership for organization and administrative soundness.
• Financial development with community fundraising, initiating earned income opportunities, and grant funding.
• Creating compelling outreach and education programs.
• Community event management and coordination.
This full-time position is scheduled to begin in fall 2017.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skills and experience
• 5 or more years of relevant professional work experience
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Creativity and flexibility.
• Commitment to trees and the environment.
• Interest in the environmental issues and generally socially conscious individual.
• Experience in fundraising and community development.
• Experience working independently and leading a team.
• Flexibility and willingness to work evenings and weekends as needed
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to work collaboratively with people of different backgrounds
• Basic computer and administrative skills (MS Office, record-keeping, etc.) and ability to learn new technologies quickly
• Possession of a valid driver’s license
• Willingness to step in and carry out operational or program activities as needed.
• Ability to work outdoors in inclement weather, stand for long periods of time, and to safely lift and move more than 50 lbs.
• Experience in a non-profit setting (preferably in urban forestry or a related field)
• Knowledge of urban forestry, arboriculture, and/or horticulture
• Experience with community outreach, volunteers, partnerships, and fundraising
• Experience working with children and the public.
• Experience successfully writing and managing grants
• Experience managing and supervising staff
• Communications experience including social media, press, and newsletters
• Knowledge of GiftWorks CRM, Quickbooks, Constant Contact, and/or Adobe products
For a detailed job description, visit SavannahTree.com.
Salary based on experience.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants submit the following items via email:
• Cover letter
• Contact information for 3 references
This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning September 15, 2017. Submit application to Heather Gordon at heather@SavannahTree.com.
A background check and references will be required.