The Geekend Executive Team is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator to join our passionate and dynamic team of conference organizers.
Geekend, now in its 10th year, is a 2-day conference bringing together Savannah’s best and brightest entrepreneurs, technologists, creatives, makers, leaders and change agents. 2019 is a pivotal year for Geekend, and the Executive Team is committed to taking the conference to the next level. Conference dates are Friday and Saturday, April 26 and 27.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Volunteer Coordinator is an individual with superior organizational ability and communication skills and reports to the Creative Coast Program Director. Responsibilities include:
– Leading recruitment for event volunteers
– Working with Event Coordinator to create volunteer assignments based on Executive Team needs
– Run a volunteer orientation session
– Package volunteer assignments for event volunteers
ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE TEAM
The Executive Team is comprised of local entrepreneurs and professionals and is responsible for ideating, planning, coordinating and carrying out all aspects of conference organization.
At a minimum, all members of the Executive Team are expected to:
– “Own” an aspect of the conference and facilitate all activities outlined in duties to a professional standard.
– Lead a committee or team to assist in execution of duties
– Be proactive in brainstorming and executing new ideas as well as new solutions for existing problems
– Attend regular Executive Team meetings in person or via phone or video conference
– Follow through with action items in a timely fashion
– Communicate effectively with team members about progress and developments, particularly where role duties overlap
– Be present for both full days of the conference
– Treat all members of the team with respect and fairness
In exchange for fulfilling the expectations of the role, Executive Team members receive:
– Community Partner billing in event sponsorship (where applicable)
– Five complimentary conference tickets (self +4)
– Credited Executive Team role on website
– Invitation +1 to a VIP Reception
– An active role in shaping conference mission, goals, content and activities
– Ability to represent the conference in media coverage
– Opportunities for professional development
Geekend is a volunteer-run event presented by The Creative Coast. If you are interested in joining the Executive Team as Volunteer Coordinator, please send a résumé and brief statement about any relevant experience and why you want to join the Geekend Executive Team to the Creative Coast Program Director: email@example.com