||Job Summary and Key Objectives:
The Graphic Designer reports to the Director of Marketing and PR and is responsible for the conception, design and branding of all museum collateral materials, signage, advertisements, publications and exhibitions. The position works closely with all departments and special event committees either designing materials or art directing to ensure the museum brand stays consistent.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks:
• Responsible to projects from conception to production, while ensuring the highest level of design quality
• Print design: including brochures, catalogues, front desk flyers, invite exhibition projects, flyers, development outreach, educational guides and more. May attend press checks for printing accuracy
• Advertising Design: Creates unique designs to follow the Marketing and Advertising Plan maintained by the Director of Marketing. Designer applies campaign graphics for print and digital advertising both through static and animation
• Digital Design: Creates static and animated graphics for eblasts, website headers, and more
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS: on occasion may assist Digital Communications Manager with edits or designs for Telfair.org, education Apps, etc.
• Environmental Design: Designs and handles production of billboards, kiosks, banners, pedicabs, bus wraps, building signage for exhibitions and campaigns
• Exhibition Design: gallery graphics, labels, signs, banners and wall texts
• Product Design: works with curators and store manager to create, source and design unique products
• Publication Design: Designs Exhibition Guides, Exhibition Catalogues.
• Telfair Magazine: Manages design, product photography and production 3 times a year publication. Creates issue plan, maintains and tracks content submissions and works with editor.
• Branding Design: Serves as the Telfair Brand Ambassador. Advises staff and the community on visual branding procedures
• Production: responsible for maintaining and trouble shooting printing capabilities for in-house copy machines and wide format printer
• Develop and maintain relationships with national and regional print vendors
• Act as project traffic manager; track down content, write tag lines and copy, and edit for consistency
• Manages print production timelines, including soliciting estimates, scheduling and traffic print jobs
• Researches and recommends emerging technologies and techniques for print design and production
• Manages event photographers, freelance designer, and editors
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
• B.A or B.F.A. in Graphic Design
• Minimum five (5) years of graphic design experience
• Museum/VSO experience preferred
• Works effectively in a team environment
• Passionate and highly creative
• Impeccable attention to detail, a refined sense of style, and a commitment to the highest of international museum standards.
• Strength in typography
• Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Google Sketch-up)
• Familiarity with Adobe Dreamweaver, Premier, AfterEffects
• Familiarity with HTML and CSS
• Ability to think out of the box and be able to solve problems creatively
• Ability to work a flexible schedule with changing priorities
Apply at: www.telfair.org