Visit Savannah and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce seeks an in-house, full-time graphic designer from February 25 through May 6, 2019.
Title: Graphic Designer
Reports to: Director, Creative Services
Overview of Position:
Responsible for the production and management of all creative and business materials for Visit Savannah and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce.
1. Design all advertisements, event promotions, collateral materials, and publications for Visit Savannah, the Savannah Sports Council, and the Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce. Some design may be needed for our sister organization, Visit Tybee.
2. Coordinate the production of materials and collateral through a variety of vendors.
3. Utilize project management database (Basecamp) to keep projects organized, maintain accountability with team members, and meet deadlines.
4. Ensure all materials are consistent with specific branding for each entity (Visit Savannah, Visit Tybee, Savannah Area Chamber of Commerce, Sports Council, etc.)
5. Maintain organized files from previous projects for reference and future use.
Education and Experience/Key Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or advertising
• Strong working knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Office Suites
• Knowledge of file types and pre-press requirements
• Minimum of 1-2 years experience in graphic design with the ability to work creatively
• Must be flexible and be able to adjust to changing conditions, circumstances and priorities
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to prioritize and be organized, detail-oriented and proactive
• Must be a self-starter; be self-motivated and able to multi-task
• Must demonstrate a positive attitude and cooperate with staff
• Reliable transportation at all times
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening hours. Reasonable accommodations may be limited to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description describes the general nature and work level to be performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of job responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Please send a resume, cover letter and samples of your work to Mayra Smith at MSmith@VisitSavannah.com. No phone calls please.