|Job title||Marketing & Communications Coordinator|
|Company Name||Chatham Area Transit|
|Date Posted||Thursday, June 22, 2017|
SUMMARY: Under the general supervision of the Marketing and Business Development Manager, the Communications Specialist major responsibilities include assisting with internal and external communications, marketing, digital media, social media and website content. This position works with various departments in the organization to develop and implement communications strategies with CAT’s key target market (existing riders, prospective riders, students/families, community partners, public transportation supporters, and board members).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES – Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for CAT printed information, including but not limited to brochures, internal forms,
individual timetables, maps, signage and schedules including in some cases design and proofing to promote CAT services and programs.
• Support the development and execution of collateral materials for major organizational initiatives.
• Manage the CAT branding guide (in-house style manual).
• Update and maintain website and any other web presence. Includes ensuring information is
accurate, alerts are current, and news and other details are posted in a timely manner. Also,
responding to or routing general information questions from the website.
• Manage electronic newsletter, including working with Marketing and Business Development Manager in developing content and managing mailing list.
• Manage all social media in coordination with other department members, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Create and manage a monthly content calendar and ensure
consistent and interesting postings and informational postings on service updates. Also, respond to comments received on social media sites. Provide data reports on social media.
• Actively monitor CAT’s online reputation
• Assist the Marketing and Business Development Manager with public/media relations, to include
writing news releases and talking points as directed.
• Manage electronic messaging on vehicles and monitors throughout the system.
• Provide relevant updates to employees through internal monitors.
Other Duties as Requested
• Articulate ideas and actively participate in company’s brainstorming sessions.
• Train staff on marketing best practices and social media etiquette.
• As needed, perform additional tasks to support the effective operation of the company and its marketing and business development goals.
QUALIFICATIONS – To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, English/journalism, or a related communications field.
• 2-3 years of marketing, communications, advertising, media or public relations experience.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Experience in proofreading, copy editing.
• Creative thinking and problem solving skills.
• Computer proficiency with the following software packages – Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, Adobe Creative Suite including Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign a plus.
• WordPress Website Development and Social Media Platforms.
• Outstanding organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
• Interest in the values of public transportation a plus.
• Candidates are required to be deadline driven and able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be a team player, detail-oriented, and have a passion for writing.
Submit resume or request employment application at HR@catchacat.org. Please state the title of the position applying for in the subject line of the email.