|Job title||Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator|
|Company Name||Telfair Museum|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, August 6, 2019|
|Category||Marketing and Communication|
Interested applicants should send a completed application, letter, résumé/CV, salary requirements and writing samples. Submit all documents to email@example.com. Local candidates with experience only please.
Scope of Position
The Marketing & Public Relations Coordinator is responsible for many of the day-to-day public relations tasks, initiatives/projects for Telfair Museums’ three sites. Reporting to the Director of Marketing/Public Relations, the Coordinator is also responsible for the execution and delivery of all types of media interaction (paid and earned) and exposure, and for supervising department Interns/volunteers.
• Responsible for creating, maintaining and distributing up-to-date Media Lists for print, TV, radio, selected freelance, and selected Internet news media outlets, locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Ensure media contact lists are up-to-date.
• Assist with paid advertising
• Work with graphic designer on trafficking of ad schedule
• Responsible for accurately populating all area events calendars before calendar deadlines. This includes websites, television, radio and other appropriate community outlets. Write and/or issue press releases under the guidance of the PR Director.
• Coordinate public relations activities ranging from interviews to press conferences, events, and social platforms. Distribute press releases, media alerts and statements to media list.
• Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media.
• Manage media inquiries and interview requests in a timely fashion.
• Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them.
• Conduct research to support PR planning.
• Assist in tracking media coverage or PR metrics.
• Create or collaborate with staff on articles, press releases and blogs.
• Create PowerPoint presentations
• Research, build and maintain community outreach relationships.
• Represent Telfair Museums at Savannah Community/Business events; strength relationships with business/community/media.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, training and supervising department Interns or volunteers.
• Responsible for the timely distribution of flyers and other literature to community outreach partners, retail, college locations and all grass roots efforts
• Ensure the timely and accurate tracking and payment of department invoices and billing statements.
• Provide assistance to Director of Marketing as needed.
Skills and Attributes
• 1-2 years (paid) relevant experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent grammar and proofreading skills
• Meticulous follow-up and attention to detail/strong organizational skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with others/strong sense of teamwork
• Ability to multi-task
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (a plus)
• Website CMS experience
• Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Understanding social media platforms
• BA in Communications/Marketing or related field required