|Job title||Operations Leader|
|Date Posted||Wednesday, October 18, 2017|
|Category||Industry and Management|
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is modernizing the construction industry with unique, agile architectural solutions. We’re an unconventional company with no HR Department. Instead we run a Talent Agency, where people, known lovingly as DIRTTBags, don’t face lengthy policies, procedures or forms. We’re a highly motivated group of individuals (more than 750 throughout North America) who embrace the entrepreneurial spirit of the company. Everyone is hands-on, regardless of position. We celebrate our successes together. We have fun. We work hard. We respect each other. We achieve what others only dream about. Do you have what it takes?
As the Operations Leader, you will liaise with senior management and various departments to ensure the production and all related quality and safety considerations are established and followed. If you’re the right person, you understand that success means leading through your people, but still working “hands on”, and working as a team! You know what it takes to grow a business and motivate people!
The Operations Leader is responsible for the oversight of facilities in Savannah and Phoenix. Executing the strategic objectives by working with the various groups to ensure a high level customer service levels are maintained while continue growth and improvement are forefront in the operational activities. Working with 175 employees with a $120 million yearly revenue. This role will lead the teams towards improved processes, streamlined production and will possess strong analytic and problem solving skills.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring and continuous improvement of production capacity.
- Lead all capital investment projects, equipment and expense budgets and the maintenance and coordination of these financial estimates and plans.
- Lead continuous improvement and achievement of cost efficiency goals and quality.
- Set annual production goals, objectives and action plans with employees and maintain accountability for objectives in support of corporate objectives.
- Working with remote factories to plan for growth, including capacity analysis for staff and equipment.
- Coordinate with head office in Calgary Alberta.
- Organizing resources to maximize efficiencies.
- Recruitment and retention in all US facilities. Make DIRTT a people first facility.
- Implementation and direction of manufacturing strategies and systems.
- Manage production flow and ship dates for multiple projects.
- Responsible for targeting specific areas to improve efficiency.
- Working with remote factories to ensure execution of orders.
- Develop and lead operational strategies within production, maintenance and safety.
- Liaise with Canadian counterparts to ensure roll out of new products and techniques.
- Facilitate work between production, maintenance, safety and all levels of manufacturing team members.
- Proactively communicate with departments to engage teams to find operational improvements, quality and standards that will be shared with all production facilities in US and Canada.
- Ability to solve problems and identify root cause solutions immediately.
- Liaise with various departments to ensure production and quality standards are maintained.
- Develop, improve and train office and production staff on process, product, and procedures.
- Maintain a quality shop that’s clean and impressive to visitors!
- Proven hands on leadership skills leading teams – people skills, strategic thinker, business sense.
- Proven ability to develop and interpret and execute operation plans.
- Ability to lead teams setting up expectations and following up to ensure success.
- 10 years progressive manufacturing or construction and leadership experience.
- You have a well-rounded understanding of manufacturing business.
- Knowledge and implementation of lean manufacturing processes/engineering for fully customizable products.
- Understand manufacturing equipment needs and capacities.
- Intermediate level of MS Office and data base skills.
- Experience in a fast growth and highly innovative organization.
- Excellent people management and organizational skills.
- Forward thinking yet handles the daily needs of both factories locations.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to develop a strong team environment.
- A proven track record is supported by an ability to build high performing teams that achieve exceptional results.
- Able to work in fast paced, rapid growth, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to think logically, analytically and solve problems.
- Must be able to travel and work 2 weeks/month at both US factories and able to come into Canada 1 week/month. Flexible with the time in Canada depending on location. Travel to Calgary location for the first 3 month for training.
To apply for this position please apply online, or email us at: email@example.com.
Please quote the position title in your subject line and indicate salary range expectation.
DIRTT Environmental Solutions is an equal opportunity employer and appreciates applications from all interested applicants. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.