|Job title||Public Relations-Communications Intern (Fall)|
|Company Name||Great Dane|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, July 24, 2018|
Great Dane is now accepting applications for a Public Relations Communications Intern at our Savannah, GA division office for the fall.
This internship will start in September of 2018.
Impact of Internship: The selected intern will gain experience and develop skills in a variety of areas including content creation, communications, research and analysis, publication development, public relations and industry related events.
The selected intern will contribute to the overall success of several projects working directly with Great Dane’s content marketing team, design and brand team and key stakeholders/ executives.
This is a paid fall internship.
• Assist in writing, editing, proofreading and publishing marketing content
• Assist in developing internal and external communications, organizational announcements, and executive leadership messages
• Assist in the distribution or delivery of marketing materials
• Assist with the preparation and delivery of training materials
• Seek and analyze competitor marketing and sales materials both on and offline
• Assist with media planning and print/digital advertising placement
• Maintain tracking report of public relations activity and advertising
• Resize and publish content for internal communications channel
• Assist with maintenance of various web sites using a content management platform
• Provide community relations support
• Other assignments as requested by the content marketing team
• Education: Enrollment at an accredited college in the junior year or higher pursing an education or recent graduate.
• Preferred Degrees: Marketing, Business, Advertising, Communications, Public Relations or related field of study
• Years of Experience: 1 – 2 years (preferred)
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Familiarity with AP style writing requirements
• Eye for detail- attention to quality, accuracies, and continuity is of paramount importance in this role.
• Highly creative, detail-oriented and organized
• Ability to work swiftly while assigned multiple tasks
• General MS Office skills including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Design experience and familiarity with Adobe or InDesign publishing software (preferred)
• Extensive knowledge of web and social media
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
Work environment: Hours of work on site usually coincide with the Dayshift. The work schedule requirement is 8 hours per day, 5 days per week. Average hours worked per week is 40.
Work time is spent in an office environment moving about, communicating between departments and with employees, or seated at a desk or table processing information and operating a computer.
Hazard exposures are minimal however if the individual goes into the manufacturing and service areas of the plant/branch hazards would exist. These hazards are primarily ambient such as noise, sparks and forklift traffic. All protective devices and equipment are congruent with those of the production worker.
Must dress and present oneself in a professional manner.
This is a paid internship opportunity.
A favorable background screening, drug screening, and proof of work authorization in the United States is required for employment.
Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
•To apply, please send a detailed resume to email@example.com