|Job title||Senior Content Marketing Manager|
|Company Name||Great Dane|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, June 26, 2018|
|Category||Marketing and Communication|
Great Dane is now hiring for a Senior Manager, Content Marketing at our Savannah, GA division office.
The Senior Manager, Content Marketing oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive engagement, retention, leads, positive customer behavior, and ultimately sales. This individual is an expert in all things related to content and channel optimization, including digital, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates cross-functionally to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer.
This position is based in Savannah, GA only.
Ultimately, the job of the Content Marketing Manager is to think like a publisher/journalist, leading the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
• Collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
• Activating a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
• The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
• Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
• Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
• Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with content owners to optimize and measure particular content and marketing goals.
• Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real-time implementation of content strategies.
• Leveraging market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
• Establishing work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content. Work with technical team to implement appropriate content operations system
• Conducting periodic competitive content audits.
• Supervising the maintenance of content inventories and matrices.
• Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies.
• Participation in the hiring and supervising of content/story leaders in all content verticals.
• Creation of a strategy for developing SMS/MMS outreach and advertising, apps, etc. as needed.
The Senior Content Marketing Manager is measured on the continual improvement of customer nurturing and retention through storytelling, as well as the increase in new prospects into the company through the consistent development and deployment of content to each persona group. Primary criteria for success are customer and employee affinity. Success is measured around lifetime customer value, customer satisfaction, and employee advocacy. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Communications.
Additional success criteria include:
• Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
• An increase in defined customer engagement metrics (measured by users taking the desired action)
• Website and social media traffic growth
• Conversion metrics definition and growth
• Social media positive sentiment metrics
• Customer feedback and survey data
• Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
• A decrease in sales/buying cycles
• Clearly defining content distribution during particular stages of the buying cycle (lead nurturing)
•Education: Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field. MBA in marketing is a plus.
•7-10 years of experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation, with an emphasis in digital marketing. Agency experience is a plus.
•Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
•Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
•Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
•Experience with with using and implementing a content management system (CMS) organization-wide
Strong copywriting skills and experience with creating compelling messages from different target demographics. Crisis communications experience is a plus.
•Experience developing and maintaining an effective team through selection, training, compensation, motivation, and performance management
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close and distance vision.
Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate.
•We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, and 401k
•Successful candidate must pass a drug screen and background check.
•Great Dane is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send a detail resume to email@example.com