|Job title||Venue Coordinator|
|Company Name||Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum|
|Date Posted||Tuesday, January 29, 2019|
|Category||Administrative And Project Assistance|
Position Title: Venue Coordinator
Reports To: Events Manager
The Venue Coordinator communicates with the contracted renters and vendors, staffs all garden rental events, and works closely with the Events Manager to provide event specific details for the purposes of scheduling and ordering.
1. Garden Rental Program: Schedules and coordinates all garden rental programs, including wedding, non-profit and corporate events from preliminary contact through renter signing of contracts, and acts as on-site supervisor for rental events with the assistance of the Events Manager, bar staff and maintenance staff.
2. Responds to inquiries, conducts site visits with potential clients, and collects contracts, payments, certificate of insurance, beverage agreements, and vendor checklists.
3. Acts as primary point of contact for all garden rentals answering questions regarding bar options, garden polices and preferred vendors. Puts renter in contact with Events Manager for special orders and bar questions.
4. Generates an event timeline and vendor schedules as well as supplies event layouts to the Events Manager and Ships of the Sea staff.
5. Staffs garden rentals and wedding rehearsals as day-of venue coordinator. Acts as primary point of contact day-of for renters and event vendors.
6. Oversees vendor load-out immediately following rental events.
7. Assists with vendor communication: conducts site visits with new vendors and responds to vendor inquiries.
8. Provides assistance to the Event Manager for museum and community related events as needed.
9. Keep a supply of event packets available for self and gift shop.
1. Covers gift shop and front desk as needed.
2. Gives tours and conducts educational programs as needed.
3. Accepts additional assignments as requested.
4. Assist Executive Director and Museum Curator with miscellaneous research projects
5. Assists Executive Director, Museum Curator and Events Manager in planning and decorating for Museum sponsored events and programs.
Skills and Required Qualifications.
• Strong detail orientation and excellent time management skills.
• Professional appearance and mannerisms in the interface with the public.
• Proficient in written and verb communication.
• Competency in computer operations and communication.
• Ability to work long hours, works nights and weekends.
• Strong customer service with an ability to handle difficulties in a professional manner.
• Ability to walk, stand and carry merchandise weighing up to 25 pounds.
Prefer candidates with prior event planning and management experience.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com